Here are some links to lists of employers hiring in Central Florida:
- Article (Olrando Sentinel): Coronavirus relief measures for paying your mortgages
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity: Reemployment Assistance Benefits due to COVID-19 (Formerly known as unemployment assistance). The application for benefits can be filled out online for individuals whose hours have been cut or who have been laid off due to COVID-19 (individuals quarantined or taking care of a family member with a diagnosed case are also eligible).
- Crisis Assistance Program: Mortgage, rent and utility assistance for residents of Orange County who have insufficient resources to meet emergency needs. Appointments are made by calling (407) 836-6500.
- United Way Recovery Fund: In response to the COVID-19/Coronavirus pandemic, Heart of Florida United Way has established a fund to support Central Florida residents whose financial stability is being impacted. The focus of the fund is to support the ALICE (Asset Limited, Income Constrained, and Employed) population experiencing hardship due to decreased hours or unpaid leave.
- Salvation Army: Emergency financial assistance is available for individuals who have been an Orange County resident for at least one year. This resource is limited and individuals can call 407-423-8581 x26491 to schedule an appointment or receive more information.
- UPC Mercy Ministry - financial assistance may be provided on a case-by-case basis for individuals or families who live within a 3-mile radius of the church. Please download and fill out the Request for Assistance form and then email it to email@example.com. Emails will be viewed during business hours Mon-Fri.
Food, Health, and Social Services
- Orange County Public Schools: Grab-and-Go Meals
- Meals of Love: Connects isolated seniors and disabled adults with meal delivery from local restaurants.
- Burger King: Offering two free kids meals with the purchase of an adult meal ordered online or through the Burger King smartphone app.
- Free Children's Meals in Florida: Text FLKIDSMEALS to 211-211 OR call 211.
- Feeding Florida: Florida's Food Bank Network
- Florida Blue: Licensed clinicians are available to speak to anyone in Florida free of charge in both English and Spanish, including those who do not have insurance or have coverage with another health plan. The emotional support line can be reached at 833-848-1762.
- Crisis Text Line: Text from anywhere in the USA to text with a trained Crisis Counselor. Every texter is connected with a Crisis Counselor, a real-life human being trained to bring texters from a hot moment to a cool calm through active listening and collaborative problem solving. Free, confidential 24/7 support with a Crisis Counselor: Text “HOME” to 741741.
- Coping with a Disaster or Traumatic Event: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Resources on how to take care of emotional help, helping children cope, etc.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Committed to improving crisis services and advancing suicide prevention by empowering individuals, advancing professional best practices, and building awareness. 1-800-273-8255
- Coronavirus Internet Offer For Students: Spectrum is offering 60 days of free internet for students K-12. Spectrum News 13 live stream is also free to the public. Call: 1-844-488-8395 -- Installation fees will be waived.
- Comcast: "Internet Essentials" Package Free: Available for low-income customers for 60 days.