Youth Ministry | Summer Mission Trip
June 12, 2023 to June 16, 2023
- Description: Mission Mullins is an annual mission trip organized by Mission to North America, the PCA’s domestic mission board. It was started by Mullins Presbyterian Church after Hurricane Matthew devastated the community in 2016, and has continued every year since. Churches come from across the Southeast to reach out to those who are hurting and share Christ’s love through simple acts of service and expressions of Christian love.
- When: June 12-16. We will most likely leave June 11 (Sunday afternoon) and return June 17 (Saturday).
- Cost: Meals, room, and board are covered by the churches in Mullins. We are only responsible for our team’s transportation and any other personal expenses while on the trip. We may organize a beach trip or some other activity after the project, since the location is close to Myrtle Beach and other local attraction
What will we do?
- Wheelchair access: Installing or repairing a wheelchair ramp or porch for a family. Many people in our area have physical needs for a ramp but may not be able to afford it or have need of a porch repair to their home. A skilled job site leader will direct and plan each part of the project with the help of a team
- Painting: Either a home or a school in order to serve others that are not able to. Last year we painted a trailer for a lady and also the weight room of our local high school. We may have chances this year to paint other homes, schools, or community centers. Painting is not very skilled so anyone can help.
- Landscape: Planting flowers, putting out pine straw, cutting grass, etc. for a family or a school. We have several members of our community who are very good at designing or planning landscaping so teams will help them beautify our city.
- Floor repair: Repairing a rotten floor from a leak or a storm. Usually a job like this is reserved for the most skilled teams but if someone has in interest in learning construction, they can be a part also
- VBS for children: Help lead a mini-VBS for children in our community. Play games, interact with the children, teach Bible lessons, lead crafts, etc. This is usually not a full day so teams will be sent to help other projects also.