The Pastor Search Committee (PSC) is a group of UPC members who have been elected by the congregation to seek and find our next Senior Pastor.
● UPC Church Profile - View the UPC Church Profile produced by the PSC
● UPC Pastor Profile - View the UPC Pastor Profile produced by the PSC
● UPC Senior Pastor Nomination Form - Use this form to nominate someone whom you
think should be considered for UPC’s Senior Pastor role
What we’ve accomplished:
- Continued meeting on a weekly basis, collaborating well with one another
- Initiated monthly reports to the congregation regarding the PSC’s progress
- Sought and received input via a Leadership Survey and the Congregational Survey
- Had a face-to-face meeting with the church staff
- Completed a UPC Church Profile and a Pastor Profile for our next senior pastor
What we’re working on:
- Officially posting the opening online to UPC, PCA, and multiple seminary websites
- Receiving applications as well as nominations from UPC’s congregation and friends
- Collecting and organizing candidate data and establishing “deep dive teams”
- Developing a Candidate Questionnaire to be used in interviews
- Conduct Introductory Interviews with an initial group of potential candidates
- Evaluate candidates by studying their provided documentation, sermons, and written work
- Collaboratively assess and stratify potential candidates
- Prayer Requests - See this list of prayer requests to learn how you can be praying for the PSC.
- Congregational Survey Results - See this overview of our church’s response to the Congregational Survey.
UPC’s Pastoral Search Committee:
- Lisel Allbee (Communications Co-Director)
- Eglin Ayson (Committee Member At-Large)
- Justin Besteman (IT Clerk)
- Jack Bourret (Communications Co-Director)
- Vic Godlewski (Recorder)
- Brad Jankowski (Committee Member At-Large)
- Gigi Metzger (Prayer Coordinator)
- Tom Miller (Chairperson)
- Wendy Moore (Vice Chairperson)
- UPC’s Elders have engaged McGowan Global Institute (MGI) as a resource for the Pastoral Search Committee (PSC) in the search for a new Senior Pastor for UPC. MGI has a proven method developed over 50 years of experience in pastoral searches and has worked with over 100 churches in the PCA.
- Interim Pastor David O’Dowd is also assisting as a non-voting advisor to the PSC.
- If you would like to communicate information to the PSC, please email the team at PSC@upcorlando.org